At Fairview Dentistry in St. Thomas, our team of knowledgeable dentists and dental professionals can help realign your bite and help to relieve the symptoms associated with temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
What is TMD?
TMD is a disorder in the joint of the jaw that can result in numerous symptoms, including:
- Pain on opening your mouth
- Inability to open your mouth wide or move your jaw from side to side comfortably
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Ear pain, hearing loss
- Ringing in the ears
- Clenching, night grinding
- Chronic fatigue
- Noise, grating or popping in joint
- Chronic temporal or occipital headache
- TMJ Treatment varies and may involve other professionals including Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, Cranio-mandibular Specialists and Physicians to ensure success.
How Does Fairview Dentistry Treat TMD?
Fairview Dentistry will do a comprehensive evaluation of your specific symptoms to determine the best way that we can help you and ensure you receive the most appropriate TMD treatment or TMD therapy.
Treatment of these problems can be complicated. The cause can often be multi-factorial. Successful treatment may involve other types of therapy, including physiotherapy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, cranio-mandibular specialists, and your physicians.
Meaningful TMD treatment begins with proper diagnosis. We will do a thorough evaluation of your problem to determine the best way that we can help and the appropriate therapy.
If you are struggling with symptoms of TMD, we can help. Contact our St. Thomas dental team today!
Let Us Make You Smile
We are your St. Thomas dentist for the whole family. Learn how we can make a difference in your smile.Book An Appointment